Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Painting done!

This piece, as yet untitled, is the large painting ( 40"x60") that I've just finished. It's about striving, aspirations, vulnerability, precariousness... It's part of a show that opens June 1 at The Finer Things Gallery in Shawnigan Lake. I've got four large pieces in this show which is a tribute show to Will Julsing. Anyone who is interested is so welcome to come, the opening is 5-9 pm on Friday.





This is the one done earlier this year of my son, Matt, about to graduate from high school, it's titled Edge. I don't remember if I'd put the finished piece on this blog.


1 comment:

andrea said...

These are fantastic, Anne. I have a hard time believing that anyone would prefer your abstract work to your figurative work. The power in these is inspiring. Wish I could see them in real life.